Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The most delicious crêpe in Paris

As a native of the Netherlands, the country where you can find the biggest pancakes you will ever see in your life, and as a girl who loves chocolate, I had to try the kind of pancake that the French like to eat the most. A crêpe is thinner than Dutch pancakes and the French like to put Nutella chocolate spread on it. (The Dutch prefer either cheese and ham or traditional syrup or apple, raisins and cinnamon under a cover of white powder sugar.)


















I must say I’m a fan of the crêpe! The best crêpe I ate was so hot that the Nutella melted instantly. I had to take small bites in order to avoid burning my tongue. After this amazing first experience, I thought that any small crêperie on the street that sells a crêpe with Nutella for € 3.50 would satisfy my love for thin pancakes with melting hot Nutella. I’m sorry to inform you that this is not the case. You would think that it’s not too hard to put some pancake mix in a pan that is specially designed for making cêpes, to wait until the crêpe is ready and to serve it to the customer. Well, for some street-selling crêperies this was too hard. Twice I got a pancake that was taken out of the pan too early, so the dough was a bit raw.

Therefore I advice you to go the street-selling crêperie that you can find on the right of the Moulin Rouge. If you stand in front of the Moulin Rouge, go to the right and the crêperie in the first street on your left (Rue Lepic, at the corner of the street, close to metro station Blanche) is where you should buy a crêpe.  

Practical information
Address
At the corner of Rue Lepic, on the right of the Moulin Rouge, 75018 Paris

Arrondissement
18th
Price
€3.50 for one pancake with Nutella chocolate spread.
Metro
The nearest metro station is Blanche (red circle below).
 
   



1 comment: